Last updated on January 17th, 2018
Abdominal Cuts is a weight loss supplement manufactured in America by Revolution Lifestyle.
The product is available via the company website and can also be bought from some independent retailers. The manufacturers do not offer international shipping, so customers who are based outside the USA will need to seek a third party supplier who is more accommodating.
There is no doubting its cosmetic appeal with classy looking bottles but do the contents inside live up to expectation.
What Does Ab Cut Do
The manufacturers claim their product provides the following benefits:
- Enhanced overall physique.
- Modest body fat reduction.
- Lean tissue enhancement.
In a nutshell, Ab Cuts promises to reduce body fat and increase lean muscle mass, but—like many competing products—it is intended to be used in conjunction with a calorie controlled diet and exercise regimen, and it is worth noting healthy eating and regular exercise can produce “modest” results without any need for supplementation.
What Is Abdominal Cuts And How Does It Work
Ab Cuts is a dietary supplement in capsule form. The recommended dose is two or three capsules, taken three times a day, with food.
The capsules look very similar to cod liver oil capsules, but this is not surprising because the active ingredients are a blend of oils that are claimed to encourage fat burning.
The product does not contain any stimulants and many of the oils are known to be beneficial to the health, so it is conceivable that the mix may offer some muscle building benefits.
- Safflower Oil (80% Conjugated Linoleic Acid): Conjugated Linoleic acid (CLA) is an unsaturated omega 6 compound that can be found in many foods. One study, conducted in Norway, showed a reduction in body fat, but not in weight. Test subjects supplemented with 80% CLA, but also participated in 90 minute workout sessions, three times a week. A reduction in body fat, without losing weight, suggests that muscle mass was probably increased—compensating for the lost fat—but it is arguable that any benefits gained may have been the result of such intensive training
- Borage Oil (20% GLA): The leaves and flowers of the borage plant are used to treat a variety of maladies including heart disease, depression, and respiratory diseases. It is also a source of the Omega 6 compound Gamma Linoleic acid (GLA). GLA offers many health benefits, but it has not been proved to facilitate weight loss or to encourage muscle growth.
- Flax Seed Oil (50% ALA): Flax seed is one of several sources of an Omega 3 compound called Alpha Linoleic acid (ALA). Omega 3, which is believed to suppress the appetite.
- Omega 3 Fish Oil: Fatty acids that can be found in many forms of marine life. Omega 3 has received considerable media attention and many claims are made for its supposed health benefits, but there is no proof it builds muscles or aids weight loss.
- Sesame Oil: Used extensively for cooking, and the only source of sesamin (a substance that is purported to encourage weight loss), but further study is required.
- Vitamin E: A known antioxidant that can boost the immune system, but there is no evidence its presence is likely to offer weight loss benefits.
Revolution Lifestyle have expanded their range to include several products that share the same core ingredients, but incorporate additions and/or modifications:
- Ab Cuts Green: Utilizes organic ingredients.
- Ab Cuts Dream Weaver: For night time use.
- Ab Cuts Thermo: Contains green tea.
- Ab Cuts Clax: Supplies a higher dose of CLA.
The reality TV star Jenni Farley aka Jwoww (Jersey Shore) is just one of many who has lent her face to the Ab Cuts marketing campaign, but her main promotional tactic appears to be having her picture taken with the product.
If it has contributed to her admittedly shapely figure, she is amazingly tight-lipped about it.
There have also been other celebrities that have been snapped holding a bottle of Ab Cuts while out and about doing whatever it is that celebrities do.
There is a world of difference between a celebrity testimonial with before and after pictures and the contractually obliged picture with no cause and effect vaguely connected to the product.
The celebrity roll call also includes Kendra Wilkinson,
Many customer reviews are available, but opinions are mixed. For every satisfied customer, who proclaims the benefits, there appears to be at least one dissatisfied customer who reports no weight loss whatsoever.
Possible Side Effects
The lack of stimulants means that many stimulant induced reactions are foregone, but some customers report increased blood pressure; while others complain of feeling bloated. Some of the ingredients are also known to problematic:
- CLA: Can interfere with insulin resistance.
- Vitamin E: High doses can interfere with some medications.
- ALA: May also interfere with medications.
- Omega 3 Fish Oil: May make some users feel nauseous.
Due to the known issues, relating to several of the ingredients, and the side effects already experienced by some people, potential users are advised to seek medical advice before beginning supplementation.
Is It Recommended
The mixed reception to this product is hardly a selling point, and Jenni Farley’s involvement in advertising campaign fails to endorse the claims made for Ab Cuts. There are many other products available that are more actively endorsed and have better customer testimonials.
Some of the reported side effects are a cause for concern, as are the known issues associated with some of the core ingredients. The promised “modest” weight loss may or may not be possible, but there are many other products available that promise—and deliver—better results, with less risk of side effects. Ab Cuts is not a recommended product.
Where To Buy Ab Cuts, Stockists
Depending on which country you live in there many purchasing options. The manufacturers official website provides a list of stockists and resellers in the various countries it sells into. It is wort noting it is not available in the US, Canadian or Australian GNC nor Walmart. In the UK Boots and Holland Barrett do not stock.
Recommended Diet Pill
There are not many products that can compete with Revolution Lifestyle for glitz, glamour and product placement. Then again there are not many products that can compete with Raspberry Ketone Plus for fat burning.
If the concept of the “ketone” from the simple raspberry is news to you the you are missing a trick – Raspberry Ketone is quite the most significant introduction to the weight loss market in recent years.