If you take a look at the pink and white bottle and think Active Woman Define is a weight loss supplement for women you will have hit the nail on the head. It’s manufactured in the UK, by Bio-Synergy, and carries the endorsement of Boddington’s Beer Babe, Melanie Sykes.
Women only weight loss products are nothing new, but Bio-Synergy have put a new spin on an old idea by stating their pills are perfect for “active women” of all types, including those who have busy jobs and stay-at-home mums.
They also state most customers notice results within a month. However, there is nothing in the formulation that cannot be found in many competing blends that are deemed suitable for male users, so the whole girl-friendly diet pill thing appears to be nothing more than a marketing gimmick.
Advertised Active Woman Define Benefits
- Boosts the metabolism
- Prevents sugar cravings
- Natural ingredients
- Helps control calorie intake
- Ideal for women who want to get fit and toned
Key Ingredients & Blend Potential
Two Active Woman Define capsules contain:
- Konjac (500mg): A powerful appetite suppressing ingredient taken from the roots of the konjac plant. It’s a form of natural fibre that has the ability to absorb many times its own weight in water. The absorption process happens very fast and the fibres expand considerably. For this reason supplements that contain the ingredient are generally taken with plenty of water. Once expanded the fibres create a felling of fullness in the stomach that naturally suppresses the appetite. The value of konjac for weight loss purposes has been acknowledged by the European Food Safety Authority, but the EFSA recommend 3 x 1g doses per day. Active Woman Define provides half this amount, once per day.
- Green tea (500mg): Green tea’s ability to support weight loss has been proven time and time again in numerous studies, including this one, published in the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition. The amount of green tea provided here is more than that used in the study, so the inclusion rate is sufficient. Apart from its ability to boost the metabolism and encourage fat burning, green tea is also an extremely healthy ingredient that provides a generous amount of antioxidants.
- Chromium (200mg): A mineral that is sometimes used to improve the blood sugar control of people who suffer from diabetes. It often added to weight loss supplements because its presence may help to discourage sugar cravings and the desire to snack.
- Caffeine (100mg): A popular diet pill inclusion that can support weight loss in a number of ways. The energy providing abilities of caffeine can help prevent feelings of diet-related burnout and be useful while exercising. The focus boosting powers of caffeine can help people to concentrate during exercise periods. Caffeine is also a scientifically proven fat burner.
Customer feedback is a mix of good and bad.
A few average customer reviews read:
Side Effects, Health Issues & Supplementary Information
Active Woman Define is not a vegetarian friendly product, but Bio-Synergy says the formulation is suitable for anyone with the following dietary requirements:
- GMO Free
- Free from nuts and seeds
Bio-Synergy also state Active Woman Define is not intended for children or pregnant women. No further warnings are offered, but we suggest people who have existing health problems, or are taking medication, check with a physician before taking this or any other dietary supplement.
There does not appear to be a money back guarantee.
Purchasing Options & Considerations
A bottle of Active Woman Define contains 60 capsules and the price is £19.99 when purchased from the manufacturer’s website. It is also possible to buy Active Woman Define from a number of other online retailers including Dolphin Fitness and Littlewoods.com, but the price is generally the same. Amazon is slightly cheaper at £18.61 per bottle.
Other Diet Pills To Consider
We have detailed what we believe to be the top diet pills that can be purchased without prescription. We place high emphasis on the products efficacy, safety and speed of results. We also look at what customers thinks and publish comments both positive and negative.