Last updated on September 21st, 2017
Evolution Slimming’s Carb Blocker with Vitamin C is designed to do exactly what its name suggests—block carbohydrates.
The main ingredient is white kidney bean (phaseolus vulgaris) and the inclusion of vitamin C should allow it to provide additional health benefits and the blend also contains a fat burning ingredient.
So although Evolution Slimming are selling the product as a carb blocker they are, to some extent, selling it short because it is a little more versatile than the name suggests.
Lets take a closer look and see some of its benefits
Carb Blocker Review
Evolution Slimming never goes overboard when it comes to marketing their products though. It is one of the things that set them apart from other weight loss supplement manufacturers and suppliers.
The other thing that sets them apart is their—up to now—untarnished reputation for producing weight loss products that work.
Past successes are all very well, but that in no way guarantees the company’s ability to go on producing effective products, so we will be giving Carb Blocker with Vitamin C the same close scrutiny as any other product reviewed on this site and it will have to stand or fall on its own merits.
Proposed Benefits & How they Stand up
- Helps reduce calories from carbohydrates
- Ideal for people who enjoy pasta, pizza & bread regularly
- Also perfect for people following a low-carb diet
- Eat carb rich foods with less guilt!
Carb blockers have the ability to interfere with a digestive enzyme called alpha glucosidases that is necessary for digesting carbohydrates. The body attains most of its calories from carbohydrates. If they cannot be digested the calories cannot be released, so any carb blocker that works in the intended manner can significantly reduce the calorie intake. This can prevent further weight gain (which is good) and if the calories are reduced enough the fat burning process will be triggered to free stored calories and put them to work (which is better still)
So how do the claims made for Carb Blocker with Vitamin C stand up? Any effective carb blocker should be able to provide the benefits promised, but whether Carb Blocker with Vitamin C will be able to do so will depend on the quality and type of ingredients used. Let’s take a look at that now.
Evolution Slimming Carb Blocker Key Ingredients
- White Kidney Bean Extract (phaseolus vulgaris): Several studies support the carb blocking abilities of phaseolus vulgaris. In one double blind placebo controlled study 60 slightly overweight volunteers (male and female) were split into two groups. Both groups were fed high carbohydrate diets, but only one group received phaseolus vulgaris. The other group was given a placebo. After 30 days the necessary measurements were taken and the phaseolus vulgaris group had lost significantly more weight than the placebo group. The researchers concluded: “The results indicate that Phaseolus vulgaris extract produces significant decrements in body weight and suggest decrements in fat mass in the face of maintained lean body mass.”
- Guarana Extract: A potent source of caffeine that should provide an energy boost and decrease the likelihood of low calorie-induced lethargy.
- Ascorbic Acid: A good provider of vitamin C. Extra vitamin C is unlikely to directly contribute to weight loss, but it should boost the immune system and improve the overall health.
- Chromium Picolinate: A fat burning ingredient that shot to popularity during the 1950s after tests conducted on rodents produced some promising results.
Carb Blocker Customer Feedback & Testimonials
The majority of customers seem to agree the formulation works.
An typical testimonial reads:
Side Effects & Other Considerations
Pregnant or nursing mothers should always seek medical advice before using any form of dietary supplement. Anyone who has any health problems or concerns should show a similar degree of caution, but apart from the possibility of a little flatulence side effects are unlikely.
Carb Blocker with Vitamin C is a vegetarian friendly product.
Carb Blocker Guarantee
All Evolution Slimming Products are sold with a 30 day money back guarantee.
Is It Recommended
Carb Blocker with Vitamin C has been brought to market as a carb blocker. It contains an ingredient that has a proven ability to do just that, and past customers confirm the product’s ability to do so.
Although Evolution Slimming make no other claims for their carb blocker, the capsules will likely offer a few bonus features such as boosted energy levels and improved fat burning abilities—it’s the carb blocker that gives a little more.
We give Carb Blocker with Vitamin C top marks all the way.
At the time of this review sales of Carb Blocker with Vitamin C appeared to be restricted to the Evolution Slimming online store.
A bottle of 60 capsules costs £29.99, but bulk buy discounts are available, with the best deal being attained by customers who purchase 180 capsules for £79.99.