Meta Switch is a diet pill designed to “wake up” a sleepy metabolism and help people to lose weight.
Many diet pills boast metabolism-boosting abilities, so this idea is nothing new. The formulation does not contain any stimulants though.
That gives Meta Switch a slight advantage over some competing products.
Customers who purchase the pills are promised the following benefits:
- Reduced fat accumulation in the blood
- Improved insulin sensitivity
- Assists in regulating lipid and glucose metabolism
- Has an impact on the hormones that are linked to increased food intake
Much of the above is supposedly made possible by the formulation’s ability to activate AMPk (adenosine monophosphate-activated protein kinase). The Meta Switch website refers to this as the body’s “skinny gene”. AMPk is not a gene though.
It’s an enzyme and we have to wonder if a company that can make a mistake such as this is likely to have the necessary knowledge to make an effective diet pill. On a more positive note, the enzyme does appear to have an ability to affect the metabolism, and could theoretically reduce the appetite, but its an enzyme that is naturally-occurring in the human body.
The ingredients that have been chosen to trigger its activity are all diet pill regulars and, although some of them may “wake up a sleepy metabolism”, none are likely to improve a metabolism that is functioning normally. The addition of some green tea or capsicum extract could have empowered the blend considerably.
What is Meta Switch and How Does it Work?
Meta Switch is primarily designed to act as a metabolism booster. The metabolism regulates the speed at which the body burns calories. A slow metabolism burns less calories than a faster metabolism, so people who have a fast metabolism are less likely to put on weight. In fact, one of the reasons some people gain weight in the first place can be because their metabolism has slowed down. This can be caused by a number of things including vitamin deficiencies, a build of free radical toxins within the body, or a sluggish thyroid gland.
Meta Switch Key Ingredients
Two capsules contain:
- Vitamin D2 (333.34 IU): Research suggests a deficiency of Vitamin D may result in weight gain.
- Vitamin B1 (1mg), Vitamin B6 (5mg), Vitamin B12 (25mcg): B Vitamins are a common inclusion in diet pills because they are known to be necessary for an efficient metabolism.
- Potassium (7.2mg): A mineral that is useful for reducing muscle fatigue.
The Meta Switch formulation also contains unspecified quantities of:
- Alpha Lipoic Acid: ALA is known to have appetite suppressing abilities, so its inclusion in any weight loss formulation is not without value.
- Ginseng: A popular adaptogen that supports good health, and can help protect against stress, but is unlikely to directly encourage weight loss.
- Pantotheine: This ingredient does not appear to exist, so there could be a typo. It might be pantothenic acid (Vitamin B5).
- Citruline: An amino acid that may cause a slight dilation of the blood vessels. This could help lower blood pressure.
- Leucine: An amino acid that may improve muscle mass.
- RiboCeine: A patented ingredient developed by Max International. It may support weight loss by providing a detox.
Meta Switch Customer Feedback
Reviews provided on the manufacturer’s website are very good. One woman claims to have dropped 16 pounds in 12 weeks. Another says the pill helped her to start buying dresses that said size 12 on the label instead of size 16.
However, a couple of reviews taken from a less biased source read:
Meta Switch Side Effects & Health Issues
The label states the formulation is only suitable for adults. It also warns it is not intended for women who are pregnant or nursing a child. No other warnings are offered, but we feel it is good practice to always consult a GP before taking any brand of dietary supplement. This is especially important for people who have existing health problems and/or people using medication.
Purchasing Options & Considerations
At the time of this review, Meta Switch was only available via the Meta Switch website and a customer wishing to purchase a 30-day supply of pills would be looking at a price tag of $89 (£67). The manufacturer also offers an auto-ship program, and customers who purchase Meta Switch in this way pay the reduced price of $65 (£49), but a three month commitment is required. However, the manufacturer only ships to addresses based in the USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, and Singapore. It is not available to dieters in the UK.
A 30-day money back guarantee is offered, but it will have no value to customers purchasing by auto-ship because they have made a commitment to continue to buy the product for at least three months.
The Bottom Line
Looking at the formulation, Meta Switch may very well help some people to lose weight, but only those who are suffering from dietary inadequacies. This may explain why some people say the pills worked well for them while others label them a failure.
The pill’s mode of action is also very limited. Products that offer additional benefits, such as fat blocking and/or fat burning, offer a better chance of success and many of the best diet pills, such as PhenQ, not only beat Meta Switch on ability, they beat it on price and are also easy to obtain in the UK.