Last updated on July 9th, 2018
Phentagen is a weight management supplement marketed by Clementine Health, and the choice of name suggests the company are hoping to attract customers who are searching for phentermine substitute products.
Phentermine is a powerful appetite suppressant, but it is only available with a doctor’s prescription, so although there is a demand for the product most people cannot obtain it.
Many supplement manufacturers have tried to cash-in on the situation by creating legal phentermine substitutes.
Other manufacturers are content to choose a phentermine sound-a-like when choosing a name for their product and it seems this may be the case with Phentagen.
Claims: To aid appetite suppression, increase metabolic rate and increase the conversion of food to energy rather than excess body fat.
Positives: There does not appear to be a history id adverse reactions or side effects.
Negatives: Not much in way of positive customer feedback, manufacturer is mysterious.
Although there is some evidence to suggest Clementine Health used to operate a .com website, it is no longer registered and no information about the company could be found anywhere on line.
• Appetite suppression
• Faster metabolism
• Encourages food to be converted into energy rather than fat
How the Formulation Works
According to the Amazon sales page, the promised changes to the appetite and metabolism are due to the tablet’s alleged ability to increase the activity of a hormone called C-A-R-T, but no such hormone exists.
The pituitary gland secretes a hormone called “CART”, but it is unlikely to provide to provide the stated changes.
The Amazon sales page also states use of the tablets will influence the secretion of a hormone called NP-Y, but we could find no hormone of this name either.
However, if the tablets can really suppress the appetite and increase the metabolism, they may place the body into a situation where its burning more calories than the diet provides, thereby encouraging it to burn body fat to attain the extra energy it requires.
It is unclear how the formulation could encourage the body to convert food into energy rather than fat, the sales page offers no explanation, and none of the ingredients used are credited with such abilities.
Two tablets provide 1000mg of a proprietary blend that contains unspecified quantities of five ingredients, three of which are proprietary blends themselves; so it’s a case of proprietary blends within proprietary blends.
- Infinity DiCaffeine Malate: A proprietary blend that consists of caffeine and malic acid. It is marketed as a fat burner, but lacks the scientific credentials to backup such a claim.
- Chocamine: A proprietary blend that provides the cocoa extract theobromine. It is believed to work in a similar way to caffeine but lacks it potency and is unlikely to offer much as an energy provider.
- Green Tea Extract: Green tea is a healthful ingredient with proven metabolism-boosting abilities, but respectable results will be reliant on a respectable inclusion rate and the amount included here is not known.
- Citrus Aurantium: A fruit extract that provides a stimulant called synephrine. It has value as an energy provider, and studies show it can also increase the metabolism, but high doses can present health risks so, once again, the lack of inclusion rates becomes an issue.
- Bioperine: A proprietary blend of black pepper extract that can help ease the absorption of other ingredients.
Side Effects & Health Implications
The Amazon sales page does not mention side effects, but the blend contains stimulants in unspecified amounts. Stimulants are not suitable for some people, so all potential users are advised to consult a doctor before considering adding the product to their weight management regimen.
Purchasing Options & Considerations
Amazon appears to be the only reliable source of supply and a single (60 capsule) bottle of pills generally costs around £25. There does not appear to be a money back guarantee, but customers who are unhappy with their purchase may be able to claim under Amazon’s return policy.
Our view is to choose a diet product that has a strong history of success and has lots of positive feedback.
We compile our list of recommended diet pills and constantly update with the best performing products based on criteria such as effectiveness, safety and customer feedback.
Click to view our most recommended list
Be the first to comment