Revex-16 is a weight management pill produced in Europe by Scitec. The Company has been trading since 1996, distribute a number of other health and fitness products, and also market a range of clothing and exercise equipment. Revex-16 is designed to assist weight loss by working as a fat burner, but Scitec also claim it can improve macronutrient (fat, carbs, protein) metabolism.
There are one or two good ingredients… and one or two not so good ingredients – but one thing for sure is that are a lot of ingredients, 16, which must be some sort of record.
Although a few third party sites make some pretty big claims for the product, Scitec don’t make many at all. They merely state it is a “stimulant weight and body fat management complex “.
Key Ingredients & Blend Potential
The capsules contain 15 ingredients:
- Citrus Aurantium Extract
- Caffeine Anhydrous
- Garcinia Cambogia Extract (60% HCA)
- Green Tea Extract
- Bitter Melon
- Taraxacum Officinale
- Citrus Fruit extract (Naringin)
- Quercetin, Resveratrol
- Alpha Lipoic Acid
- Chromium Picolinate (yields 30% RDA Chromium)
With so many ingredients involved, and no inclusion rates provided, it is hard to predict the potential of the blend, but several of the ingredients may be able to provide good results if they are included in sufficient quantity.
- Garcinia cambogia: The garcinia cambogia fruit has a high nutritional value, but its potential as a weight loss aid comes courtesy of the fruit’s rind rather than its fleshy core. The rind is rich in hydroxycitric acid (HCA) and this is the secret garcinia cambogia’s success as a weight loss provider. HCA can assist weight loss by preventing the body from turning excess carbohydrates into fatty acids and storing them in the adipose tissue.
- Green tea extract: A very popular ingredient that can be found in many diet formulations, green tea can boost the metabolism and trigger thermogenic fat burning. Some studies suggest the weight loss enhancing abilities of green tea can be enhanced when combined with caffeine [also included in the blend].
- Caffeine: A diet pill regular, caffeine is so famed for its powers of stimulation its other abilities are often forgotten about. It can be useful for providing appetite suppression and also has fat-burning abilities. There is also a certain amount of evidence to indicate caffeine may be beneficial after periods of exercise because it appears to be able to improve muscular glycogen storage and speed up the recovery rate.
- Citrus aurantium: A natural stimulant that is sourced from the skins of certain species of citrus fruit. Citrus aurantium provides synephrine, which can be a valuable weight loss aid thanks to its natural metabolism-boosting abilities. Once the basal metabolic rate has been raised calories are burned much faster than normal, forcing the body into fat burning mode.
- Naringin: A grapefruit extract that can be useful for reducing glucose levels and may also assist fat burning, but it has been argued that much of the weight loss naringin usage can provide is more probably attributed to the water loss that results from its diuretic abilities. However, naringin can also boost the powers of caffeine so its inclusion here still has merit.
- Bioperine: A patent-protected black pepper extract that help the body to absorb other ingredients more efficiently. Bioperine is also a natural fat burner.
Many of the other ingredients may be valuable in different ways, but with so many ingredients involved it seems probable that the inclusion rates are likely to be rather low across the board and this could lead to a weak blend and poor results.
[info]How to Take Revex-16 – An initial dose of 1-2 capsules twice a day is advised. If no tolerance issues arise new users can build up to a maximum dosage of 3 capsules, taken twice a day. Capsules should always be taken on an empty stomach first thing each morning and during the afternoon. After each 8-12 week period of continuous usage supplementation should be halted for two weeks, after which the cycle can be repeated.[/info]
Customer feedback is available and is predominantly good.
Two average customer testimonials read:
[plain]”One of the best fat burners ever! Has you sweating like a horse and really blitzes your existing body fat. Worth every penny.”[/plain]
[plain]“Worked brilliantly with a healthy diet and regular exercise and really helped me to get over a plateau. Will order again.”[/plain]
But not everyone agrees:
[plain]“Very disappointing pills that are not what they are cracked up to be. I took them in the way described, but never saw an iota of difference.”[/plain]
[plain]“I don’t know if it’s just due to my having a slow metabolism, but Revex-16 didn’t do a thing for me, so it looks like I’ll be avoiding wearing my bikini again this summer.”[/plain]
Side Effects, Health Issues & Supplementary Information
Scitec advises against combining their capsules with other stimulants (supplements, coffee, etc.). We would further advise pregnant or nursing mothers to avoid taking any brand of supplement that has not been approved by their doctor. The same advice is offered to individuals who have existing health issues or are taking medications.
Purchasing options & Considerations
Revex-16 Is available directly from the manufacturer’s website and 108 capsules has a price tag of £22.49. The capsules are also stocked by a number of online retailers. Alternatively they can be purchased via eBay and Amazon.
There does not appear to be a money back guarantee.
Recommended Diet Pill
If you were interested in this product then it could have been for the inclusion of Garcinia Cambogia – we would recommend Garcinia Cambogia Extra, arguably the best example of a product containing the ingredient.
Garcinia Cambogia Extra has lots of clinical research, approved and endorsed by many factions of the medical community.