Abs+ is a diet pill designed to target stubborn belly fat. It’s produced in Toronto by Genuine Health and, if the marketing material is to be believed, customers who use the product can have a nice trim waistline in as little as 90 days.
Other promised benefits include:
- Easier weight loss, specifically in the mid-section
- Faster fat and calorie burning
- Accelerated metabolism
- Reduction in fat cells and size
According to Genuine Health, a study conducted at the University of Toronto proved Abs+ can work in as little as 90 days, but they fail to supply a link so there is no way to check if the study was animal-based or conducted on humans. If the study involved animals it cannot be seen as proof the formulation will work in the same way for humans.
What is Abs+ and How Does it Work?
Abs+ is a fat burning pill. Some fat burners work by speeding up the metabolism, others cause a slight rise in body temperature that results in extra calories being lost from the body as heat. Genuine Health say Abs+ works by increasing the metabolism and causing the body to burn fat for energy instead of sugar or muscle tissue.
Although the claims made for the product do not sound too unreasonable, Genuine Health fail to explain why their formulation is deemed capable of targeting the belly area. The capsules contain only two ingredients, both of them are diet pill regulars, and neither one is usually credited with the ability to target belly fat.
Three capsules provide:
- Conjugated Linoleic Acid (2184mg): CLA is a natural compound that is often sourced from safflower oil. Supplementation with CLA causes the body to start producing an increased amount of a protein called adiponectin that is necessary for controling insulin and glucose levels. CLA is also believed to be a muscle growth enhancer and, for this reason, it is often used as an ingredient in bodybuilding supplements.
- Green Tea Extract (340mg): Green tea contains a small quantity of caffeine (a proven fat burner) but a study conducted in Europe reveals the catechins and polyphenols green tea provides have a much greater influence on body weight than its caffeine content does. The study was conducted on humans and the researchers hoped to discover if green tea could increase 24-hour energy expenditure and fat oxidation. They discovered it could and concluded: “Green tea has thermogenic properties and promotes fat oxidation beyond that explained by its caffeine content per se.”
Abs+ Customer Feedback
A few customer reviews read:
Abd+ Side Effects & Health Issues
Abs+ is not intended for children and is also unsuitable for use during periods of pregnancy or breastfeeding. People who are using medication should not use the product without the approval of a health-care professional. The same advice is applicable to anyone who has existing health problems or concerns.
Where To Buy Abs+
Hard to find a stockists outside of Canada, very much targeted toward a Canadian customer.
Genuine Health does not operate an online store, but it is possible to buy abs+ from a number of suppliers including Vitamart.ca, Supplements Canada, and the Feel Good Natural Health Store. Each bottle contains 90 capsules and typically costs $30 to $55, depending on the chosen retailer.
There does not appear to be a money back guarantee.
The Bottom Line
Abs+ contains two good fat burning ingredients, so we think it should be able to help people to reduce their body fat, but we see no reason why it would be able to target belly fat rather than the fat in any other region of the body. We also feel the product is a little too pricey for such a simple formulation and can think of several other products that have more to offer including the presence of a money back guarantee.
Recommended Diet Pill
PhenQ is highly recommended. A combination fat burner, fat blocker and appetite suppressant that has been reviewed very positively.
PhenQ is available to buy direct and offer a 60 day money back guarantee.