Last updated on February 19th, 2018
Atrafen is a diet pill marketed by Nutratech Health. The company is based in the USA and allegedly became involved in the weight loss industry due to a desire to provide people with products that are superior to the supplements created by the “price gouging bunch of hooligans” that are busy selling diet pills on a sea of “bold claims and unrealistic promises”.
So far the company has come up with four products. Atrafen diet pills, Atrafen Thermodrops (diet drops), and Atrafen PM (for night time use). The other product is a carb blocker called Orlistol.
However, Atrafen appears to be a white label product. A competing company is marketing some diet pills called PhenELITE and the only difference is the name on the front of the bottle.
It seems likely that the other products will have similar origins. However, the fact that Atrafen does not appear to be unique does not mean the pills won’t work. It just suggests Nutratech Health’s reason for bringing the product to market is unlikely to be as honorable as they claim.
Claims: To help users suppress appetite, speed up metabolic rate and burn fat
Positives: Some good ingredients
Negatives: Not as effective as other leading brands
Click to find out which diet pills are most popular and most effective
How Atrafen is Designed to Work
Designed to provide four main benefits:
- Suppressed appetite
- Faster metabolism
- Improved fat burning
- Enhanced energy and focus
In a nutshell, if the pills work they should take away hunger cravings (suppressed appetite), cause the body to burn extra calories (faster metabolism), and help ensure the resulting calorie shortage causes the body to begin burning fat. If it puts in an appearance, the “enhanced energy and focus” should help keep the mind clear and ensure dieting does not become too exhausting to bear.
Key Ingredients & Blend Potential
Each capsule contains 600mg of a proprietary blend.
The blend contains:
- Green tea extract: A scientifically proven fat burner that also provides antioxidants that help protect the body from disease and neutralize the effect of free radical toxins.
- Raspberry ketone: Research carried out by scientists in Korea suggests raspberry ketone “holds great promise” as a fat burner. There is also evidence to suggest it has appetite suppressing capabilities as well.
- Caffeine anhydrous: Caffeine is a popular stimulant that is renowned for its ability to provide extra energy and increase mental focus. It is also a good fat burner with proven abilities.
- African mango: Research suggests African mango (Irvingia gabonensis) can “favorably impact body weight”.
- Acai: A nutritious fruit extract that is highly valued both as an appetite suppressant and as a fat burner.
- Resveratrol: Research suggests resveratrol can speed up weight loss, but it is not generally considered a “power” ingredient.
- Kelp: An ingredient that contains iodine. Kelp is often added to diet pills because the thyroid gland does not function at peak capacity when it does not get enough iodine. This can prevent it from releasing enough T-hormones (necessary for a healthy metabolism).
- Grapefruit powder: Drinking grapefruit juice may help suppress the appetite, but grapefruit powder is unlikely to encourage fat burning
- Apple cider vinegar: Many celebs state apple cider vinegar helps them to remain slim, but there is no scientific proof that it works.
Many customers have left positive reviews, but some reviewers admit they received free pills in exchange for their feedback, so it is possible the reviews may be biased.
A couple of positive reviews read:
Two negative reviews read:
Atrafen Side Effects & Health Considerations
The sales material does not mention if side effects are possible, but will not be suitable for women who are pregnant or nursing a child. People who have known health problems, or are using medication, should always check with a doctor before using any brand of dietary supplement.
Where to Buy Atrafen
A bottle of Atrafen costs $41.99 (or £ equivalent) from the manufacturer’s website. It is also possible to make a purchase via Amazon and the price is generally a couple of dollars cheaper.
The manufacturer promises a 30-day money back guarantee. No doubt they will be forced to honour this for all sales made via Amazon, but the returns policy on the company website states they will only accept returns of unopened products.
Despite the fact that some customer feedback suggests otherwise, there is a chance Atrafen may speed up the weight loss process and help people to slim down faster than they could with diet and exercise alone. But there are too many questions with this product: Who is the real manufacturer? How many pills are required and how often?
A little more information would have been nice. Atrafen is already more costly than many of the white label products sold on Amazon and there are only 60 capsules per bottle. If users have to use more than two capsules per day a bottle could run empty in less than three weeks. Potential users will need to bear this in mind, before they decide to buy.
We have complied our list of best multi action diet pills and rated them accordingly.
We review hundreds of products over the course of each year – paying attention to their efficacy, safety and customer feedback.
Be the first to comment