Hunger Buster is an appetite suppressing diet pill developed for Protein World.
The company also markets a range of other health and fitness products including protein bars, vegan energy capsules, a “super man” porridge, and Slenderblend weight loss shake.
The shake is worth a special mention because Protein World are keen to sell customers on the idea of using it alongside Hunger Buster.
However, although combining weight loss products can sometimes result in better results, doing so also pushes up the monthly costs involved.
Whenever we see products that are being marketed in this way it’s somewhat of a turn-off because we have to wonder why the companies in question didn’t put in the extra work and develop a stronger and more versatile product.
How Hunger Buster Is Designed To Work
As the name suggests, Hunger Buster is intended to provide one main benefit—hunger suppression.
If it can do this, Hunger Buster will help take some of the misery out of dieting by quelling hunger urges, thereby making it easier for product users to concentrate on other things instead of having to constantly battle the desire to put food in their stomachs.
Hunger Buster Benefits
- Reduces hunger levels
- Assists weight loss (when used with diet and exercise)
- Perfect companion for Slender Blend
- Powered by high quality plant extracts
- Halal and vegan vegetarian friendly diet pill
- Kosher and free from gluten, lactose and soy
Hunger Buster Active Ingredients
Two Hunger Buster capsules provide:
- Konjac Glucomannan (1000mg): A natural fibre taken from the roots of the konjac plant. Glucomannan is an appetite suppressant with proven value. It can also be useful for controlling cholesterol and both these abilities are acknowledged by health experts at the European Food Safety Authority (EFSA). However guidelines laid out by the EFSA state glucomannan should always be used in conjunction with a calorie-controlled diet. The guidelines also state at least three (1000mg) doses are needed per day and each dose must be accompanied by one to two glasses of water. The reason for this is simple. Glucomannan is very absorbent and when it is taken with sufficient water, the fibres swell up and create a feeling of satiety in the stomach. If the amount of water used is not sufficient, the fibres will not fully expand and the ingredient will be rendered incapable of providing maximum benefits
- Garcinia Cambogia (400mg): A tropical fruit extract that provides hydroxycitric acid (HCA). The HCA content of the ingredient is crucial and experts state the best garcinia cambogia extracts are 60% HCA or more. Lesser quality extract are unlikely to work, but extracts that are 60% HCA have a powerful hunger suppressing ability and further contribute to weight loss by preventing excess calories from being converted to fat. Unfortunately, Protein World neglects to state the HCA percentage of the extract in use here, so it’s value is questionable.
Hunger Buster Customer Comments
A few average customer testimonials read:
Hunger Buster Side Effects & Health Considerations
Protein World warns against using the capsules without sufficient water because doing so may lead to choking.
They also point out Hunger Buster is not intended for women who are pregnant or nursing a child.
People who have existing health issues should ask their GP for advice before using this or any other weight loss product. Anyone who is taking medication or using other supplements would be wise to do the same.
Where To Buy Hunger Buster
The cheapest place to buy Hunger Buster is from the Protein World website because a 15-day supply of pills (90 capsules) generally costs around £15. It’s also possible to obtain a supply of pills from Superdrug or Amazon, but expect to pay around £7 more.
Hunger Buster does not have a money back guarantee.
Hunger Buster, The Verdict
Glucomannan is a very good appetite suppressing ingredient and the amount used here is just right.
Garcinia cambogia also has value if it’s taken from a high quality source, but there is no way to be certain Protein World’s extract provides enough HCA.
This is not a huge problem because glucomannan is good enough to go it alone, but customer reviews suggest Hunger Buster does not work for all.
This is not surprising because, although appetite suppression is important, it is not always enough. People who are cursed with an unusually slow metabolism may still find it hard to burn enough calories to cause the calorie shortage necessary to trigger the need to burn fat.
That’s why so many diet pills are designed to boost the metabolism. In fact, the best diet pills often boost the metabolism, suppress the appetite, and deliver additional benefits as well.
If hunger control is your only concern, Hunger Buster may do the trick, but if you are serious about attaining respectable weight loss results in the shortest possible time, there are better options available.
Recommended Diet Products
Over the course of the last decade we have reviewed, rated and given our opinion on countless diet products. We select our recommendations on carefully chosen criteria. We value the company reputation fo customer service as highly as the product efficacy.
We have ordered our recommendations into what we believe will give the best chance of weight loss success.