Last updated on February 6th, 2020
Active-PK is a dietary supplement manufactured in Southern California by LCR Health. The company also markets a supplement called Active Stem that’s alleged to be capable of boosting cognitive function, improving the strength of muscles and joints, and ensuring longevity.
According to the company website, LCR Health is a research facility dedicated to providing cutting-edge scientific advancements to normal people who wish to improve their mental and physical health.
The site is pretty basic though, provides very little information about either of the company’s two products and, when we visited the site, a number of images were missing from the pages.
However, it was nice to see a customer care telephone number and LCR Health also provides their snail mail address. Not too many company’s do that these days.
Claims: To have the ability to instruct the AMPK enzyme to stop storing extra calories as fat and begin burning them for energy instead. Can also work to decrease fatigue
Positives: A lot of thought has gone into the formula. Many customer are reporting good effects when taking as advised.
Negatives: As a weight loss product we feel there are better options.
How Active-PK Is Designed to Work
Active PK is intended to take a rather unusual approach to weight loss.
Most diet pills speed up the metabolism, suppress the appetite, encourage thermogenic fat burning and/or provide dieters with support in other areas.
LCR Health say Active PK has the ability to instruct the AMPK enzyme to stop storing extra calories as fat and begin burning them for energy instead.
Although research shows activating AMPK can provide a number of benefits to the health, we were unable to find any research studies that suggest it may be useful for reducing body weight.
LCR Health fails to provide any insight into how any of the three ingredients used in the formulation could influence AMPK.
- Provides clearer thinking
- Boosts energy levels
- Decreases fatigue
- Controls cravings
- Reduces abdominal fat
- Encourages a stronger, healthier body
Key Ingredients and Blend Potential
Each (2 capsule) dose provides:
- Gynostemma Pentaphyllum leaf extract (450mg): When it’s steeped in water and brewed as a tea, gynostemma Pentaphyllum has proven to be effective for controlling insulin levels. This gives it possible value as a treatment for diabetes and its presence in a formulation such as this may help prevent cravings for sweet food.
- Quercetin dihydrate (100mg): A polyphenol that can be extracted from many fruits, vegetables, and grains. Quercetin dihydrate is an antioxidant and, like all antioxidants, it has the ability to help protect the health, but it’s not usually associated with weight loss.
- Berberine HCI (100mg): An ingredient that can be sourced from barberries, tree turmeric, and a number of other natural sources. Research conducted in China shows berberine has value for treating congestive heart failure. It’s also occasionally used as a diet pill ingredient because it appears to help keep blood sugar levels on an even keel.
Active-PK Customer Comments
A few typical customer statements read:
Active PK Side Effects & Health Considerations
The manufacturer does not mention if side effects are a possibility, but gynostemma is unsuitable for long term use.
There are reaction issues with certain medications and it also interferes with blood clotting ability, so potential users are advised to get a doctor’s approval before commencing supplementation.
Where to Buy Active-PK
You can only buy Active-PK from the manufacturer’s website. Each bottle contains 60 capsules (30 day supply) and carries a price tag of $46.99 (about £35 or €40).
A further charge is added to cover shipping and handling, but this is waived for larger orders.
There’s a 90-day money back guarantee.
We fail to see how any of the ingredients used in the formulation could influence AMPK.
However, two of the ingredients (gynostemma and berberine) may prove useful for moderating insulin and blood glucose levels, and this may help ward off cravings for sugary food. Other than that, the only thing Active PK is likely to have going for it is the money back guarantee.
A few customers claim the product helped them to lose weight though, and although their results could have been more attributable to diet and exercise, it’s possible a few users may obtain some degree of benefit.
If Active PK doesn’t live up to expectations a refund should be obtainable, but there are more reliable options available and it would probably be a better use of your time and money to go with one of those instead.
If weight loss is your desired intention then we suggest PhenQ.
PhenQ works on many levels, it offers multiple benefits; it can burn existing body fat, stop unwanted additional body and reduce your appetite.
It also has the advantage of a long money back guarantee.
Find out exactly why PhenQ is so highly rated by reading the full review
Be the first to comment